Pacific Rim 2

Pacific Rim Uprising (Pacific Rim 2)

Pacific Rim Uprising

Pacific Rim Uprising releases in:

Pacific Rim Uprising movie poster

Steven S. DeKnight directs Pacific Rim Uprising, the sequel to the epic action-adventure Pacific Rim which Guillermo del Toro created in 2013. With a script penned by Zak Penn, Jon Spaights and Guillermo del Toro, Pacific Rim Uprising will introduce new characters and Jaegers as they combat an evolved Kaiju threat once again for Humanity's survival.

Pacific Rim Uprising Trailer 2 packs tons of new footage!

Pacific Rim Uprising Trailer 2 packs tons of new footage!

Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures have just unleashed the second official movie trailer for Pacific Rim Uprising and it packs tons of epic new footage! Luckily, not too much of the film's overall plot was spoiled with this trailer and only a handful of extreme action sequences were teased. Although we do learn that there is someone, or a group of people on the "inside" somehow working with the Kaiju. However, this may not be as straightforward as the dialogue suggests... Expect a more detailed analysis shortly, along with a full selection of high resolution screenshots right here on PacificRim2-Movie.com. In the meantime, check out the new trailer and let us know what you think of it in the comments section below:

If you are looking forward to the Pacific Rim movie sequel Pacific Rim Uprising, you should join our Pacific Rim 2 Movie forum - a dedicated community of fellow Pacific Rim and Kaiju movie fans!

Stay up to date with the latest news on Pacific Rim Uprising by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Pacific Rim 2 blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

More Pacific Rim Uprising Articles

16 Fan responses to Pacific Rim Uprising Trailer 2 packs tons of new footage!

Danzilla93

Jan-24-2018 11:38 AM

Why they chose to use that ear cancer of a song again, I couldn't begin to guess.  But aside from that, this was awesome!  I am so incredibly pumped for this sequel.  With this, Rampage, two more Godzilla anime films, and more Ultraman on the way, 2018 is going to be awesome for Kaiju fans!

KingKaijuGojira

Jan-24-2018 1:16 PM

I seriously can't wait for this! I love the new Jaegar designs.

TheGMan123

Jan-24-2018 2:25 PM

Oh man, MY BODY WASN'T READY!

The Jurassic Bootleg

Jan-24-2018 2:38 PM

Transformer looks great.

RR44

Jan-24-2018 8:31 PM

This movies gonna top the first one.. imo.

G. H. (Gman)

Jan-24-2018 8:31 PM

There is a lot in that trailer. I don't like how the "retro" has been pulled from the mecha designs and the jaegers move a little too fast and light for my liking.

Despite my qualms, I can't help but be amped for this. I didn't think we would ever get a sequel. It looks like a fun ride, I just hope it has the same heart as its predecessor. Here's to hoping it does excellent at the world wide box office.

The Jurassic Bootleg

Jan-25-2018 3:37 PM

^

The movie takes place 10 years after the events of the first movie, so the less retro look probably makes more sense.

G. H. (Gman)

Jan-25-2018 9:56 PM

I suppose. But for the sake of aesthetics I was hoping for the movement and designs to be a little less functional and scruffy. The designs aren't awful, just a little sleeker than necessary in age where everything is overtly sleek. I like Gypsy Avenger and Guardian Bravo, but the others I can leave. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see the movie.

riggzamortis86

Jan-26-2018 5:32 AM

I see what you are saying. The mecha's seem to move more like the Power Rangers jumping all around with ninja like agility. It does kind of seem to silly for me. But it does take place into the future, maybe technology came along way and improved the agility of the mecha's.

But I guess after watching it we will see what happens. Maybe I can ignore all of that.

G. H. (Gman)

Jan-26-2018 6:04 AM

I sort of hate to say this but they move more like.... Transformers.

TheGMan123

Jan-26-2018 8:24 AM

I don't know, I still see plenty of the long sweeping motions of old, just at a more fluid pace like Striker Eureka.

Sure, there are flashier and more athletic moves, but I personally still see plenty of the original movement philosophies in place.

RR44

Jan-28-2018 8:42 AM

@G.H.

Transformers... well.. giant robots.. it really can't be avoided.

I felt the same way about Battleship.. it too reminded me of Transformers... but.. it is what it is.. and is it me.. or are these robots.. moving with a great deal of agility and speed.. unlike Del Toros vision of how they would move.

TheGMan123

Jan-28-2018 9:10 AM

I'm still not seeing the "Transformers-esque" movement.

They might be more agile than before, but they still have weighty movements that still look like slow-motion, at least to me.

G. H. (Gman)

Jan-28-2018 10:41 AM

RR44,
I don't think merely because they're giant robots indicates they must move the same way. That wasn't the case in the first movie. But moments like when they fall into the ice crevice is a little too quick and reminiscent of Optimus and Bonecrusher falling down the interstate bypass--Or other shots like it. They look less like robots being controlled and more like living robots this time around.

It's a nitpick, but also establishes an attention to detail that del Toro has over most directors.

RR44

Feb-01-2018 11:48 PM

^I agree.

Thomos Grye

Feb-05-2018 2:24 AM

I'm a big fan of Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim so I’m especially excited about seeing its followup, Pacific Rim Uprising. To me one of the greatest achievements of the first one was how it made you feel that these were giant lumbering machines and beasts. Del Toro succeeds time and time again at allowing these disparate elements to fit together believably by way of some very confident film making. Just like the first trailer this second trailer makes it seem like everything is weightless in this world. Can't wait watch the film. Just bring 'em all.

Sign in with your Scified.com account to add a comment!

Password

or Create an Account
Visitor Comments

Pacific Rim Uprising will act as a sequel to 2013's Pacific Rim. PacificRim2-Movie.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Pacific Rim Uprising. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Pacific Rim Uprising, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla, Pacific Rim and Kaiju Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Pacific Rim looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Pacific Rim Uprising and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Pacific Rim Uprising's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: